- Just as the soil is a part of the earth, ?____? the atmosphere. ?
A. as it is B. so is C. the same as D. and so is?
2. While driving along the treacherous road, ?____?. ?
A. my right rear tire blew out ?
B. my right rear tire had a blowout ?
C. I had a blowout on my right rear tire ?
D. I had my right rear tire blowout?
3. Jean Wagner’s most enduring contribution to the study of Afro?American poetry is his insistence that it ?____? in a religious, as well as worldly, frame of reference. ?
A. is to be analyzed B. has been analyzed ?
C. be analyzed D. should have been analyzed?
4. ____? there is little we can do to modify the wheather, we can at least know what kind of weather to expect.?
A. Since B. When C. While D. Unless?
5. This organization brought Western artists together in the hope of making more of an impact on the art community ?____? any of them could individually and to promote Western art by women.?
A. rather than B. rather C. than D. other than?
1. B) 【句意】 正像土壤是地球的一部分，大气层也是。
【难点】 Just as...，so...为一固定结构，意为“正如…，…也…”。
2. C) 【句意】 当我在险峻的山路上驾车急驰时，车的右后胎爆了。
【难点】 此句为一个带有时间状语从句的主从复合句。在英语中，由while, when等引导的时间状语从句，如果其主语与主句中的主语相同，从句中的主语可以省略，而只剩下分词短语。驾车的应该是人，所以只能从C)和D)选，而D)的意义不符，所以选C)
3. C) 【句意】 杰恩?瓦格那对亚非诗歌最永恒的贡献是他坚持认为，这类诗歌除用凡俗的参考框架，还应用宗教的参考框架进行研究。
4. C) 【句意】 尽管我们在改变天气方面无能为力，但我们至少知道天气未来的变化。
5. C) 【句意】 该组织把西部艺术家聚集在一起，希望他们比任何个人都能更多地影响艺术界，并由妇女来促进西部艺术。
1. The new washing machines are __ at the rate of fifty a day.
A turned up B turned down C turned out D turned in
2. The newly-built Science Building seems__ enough to last a hundred years.
A spacious B sophisticated C substantial D steady
3. The newly-elected president is determined to__ the established policy of developing agriculture.
A go after B go by C go for D go on
4. The newly-published book has added__ his reputation.
A in B to C on D up
5. The news item about the fire is followed by a detailed report made__.
A on the spot B on the site C on the location D on the ground
①turn out 生产，培养出This factory can turn out 100 cars a day.
②turn up发现The police have turned up a lot of new information about the wanted man.
③turn down拒绝The boy wanted to join the army but was turned down because he was under age.
④turn in上交These papers must be turned in before Friday.
2. 选C 译文：那栋新科学建筑物看起来很牢固，好象可以屹立一百年不倒。
① substantial牢固的，坚实的It is a substantial desk.
② spacious广阔的，宽敞的The guests are all seated in the spacious dining room.
③ steady稳定的，可靠的Hold the candle steady.
④ sophisticated 复杂的
① go by 遵照，依照That’s a good rule to go by.
② go for去找，去请Shall I go for a doctor?
③ Go after追求
④ Go on 继续
① add to增加，加到……上The gorgeous costume added to the brilliance of the dance.
② Add in包括，加进去Don’t forget to add me in.
③ Add on包括，附加 Here’s your bill, sit. I’ve have added on the ten percent service charge.
④ Add up把……加起来 Add up these figures and see if the sum is correct.
①on the spot在场，在现场的②on location在拍摄外景Don’t interrupt the director. He is on location.
- Just as the soil is a part of the earth, ?____? the atmosphere. ?
1. The scene is so beautiful that it__ my power of description.
A transports B transfers C transcends D transforms
2. There are nations whose lack of contact with the outside world has __ poverty.
A fallen into B consisted in C resulted in D come up to
3. The pressure__ causes Americans to be energetic, but it also puts them under a constant emotional strain.
A to compete B competing C to be competed D having competed
4. Visitors are asked to __ with the regulations.
A contrast B consult C comply D conflict
5. To__ the situation, the president of the university put a series of new policies into practice.
A measure B conflict C counter D efficiency
1. 选C ①transcend“超越，超出”There is nothing that seems to transcend the limits of unaided human intelligence.
②transform“改变，改造”A dynamo transforms mechanical energy into electricity.③transport “传送，运输”
④ transfer “转移，移动，转让”
2. 选C ①result in “终归，结果是”Love results in marriage, naturally.
②fall into “归入，掉入，陷入”All changes of matter may fall into two kinds: physical changes and chemical changes.③consist in “在于，存在于”The beauty of Venice consists in the style of its an ancient buildings.
④come up to “达到，接近” The water came up to my waist.
3. 选A这道题目考的是“名词后接不定式”。相关名词是pressure, ambition, campaign, drive, intention, need, reason, right, struggle, tendency, time, way和wish.
4. 选C ①contrast with “与……形成对比，和……形成对照”Blue and yellow contrast prettily in design.
②consult with “请教，向……咨询”If relief does not occur within three days, discontinue use and consult with your physician.
③comply with “听从，顺从，照做”You must comply with the library rules.
④conflict with “冲突”Do your national laws conflict with any international laws?
5. 选C ①counter “应对，反击，对付”They countered our proposal with one of their own.②measure 测量③efficiency效率，功效We will try to raise the efficiency of labor.
1. There is nothing in physical structure, the brain or the internal organs to__ a difference.
A display B indicate C demonstrate D appear
2. The largest brain ever examined belonged to a person of weak_.
A health B body C mind D thought
3. Individuals of every race_ civilization to go backward or forward.
A make B cause C move D turn
4. The new government_ the foreign-owned oil fields one after another.
A took over B took out C took off D took on
5. The new technological revolution in American newspapers has brought increased_, a wider range of publications and an expansion of newspaper job.
A circulation B reproduction C manipulation D penetration
1． 选B ①indicate标志，表示，表明What country is indicated by the name has not yet been determined.
②demonstrate说明，论证，演示，表露，显示At that time no one could demonstrate that the earth moves around the sun.
③appear出现，显露，来到，看起来好象He may appear a fool but actually he’s quite clever.
2． 选C①mind“智力”He is old but his mind is still sharp.
3． 选B①如果选make，后面的不定式to要省略。The children were surprised when the teacher made them close their books unexpectedly.②cause使……Climbing those stairs caused her to feel faint.
4． 选A①take over接收，接管He is taking over my job during my holiday.
②take out除去，删除I’ll have my tooth taken out.
④take on从事，承担He has taken on many responsibilities.
②reproduction生殖，繁殖We will have a lesson on the reproduction of the rabbits this afternoon.
③manipulation操作，操纵Some people can put back a twisted joint, like the shoulder, by careful manipulation.
④penetration穿透，洞察力The penetration of that woman’s mind is really wonderful.
- The politician says that he will __ the welfare of the people.
A prey on B take on C get at D see to
2. We had difficulties at first but everything worked __ smoothly in the end.
A off B out C away D up
3. There is no easy solution to Japan’s labor__.
A decline B vacancy C rarity D shortage
4. This ticket__ you to a free meal in our new restaurant.
A gives B grants C entitles D credits
5. We need some sunshine; so we have__ up our minds to go abroad this year.
A set B made C brought D given
1. 选D① see to注意，照料 Who is seeing to the arrangement for the next meeting? ② prey on猎取食物，折磨 An eagle preys on smaller birds. ③take on 承担（任务）She took on the task with great courage. ④get at够得着Could you get at the top shelf?
2. 选B ①work out有……好的结果I hope the new job works out for you.② work off借工作活动清除掉 He often works off his anger.③work away继续In spite of all the difficulties, she worked away at her research work.④work up逐步形成，渐渐发展 He worked up the firm from nothing.
3. 选D ①shortage匮乏，缺乏 The work remains unfinished owing to shortage of staff.②vacancy （职位/位置的）空闲 There is a good vacancy for a typist in the company.③ rarity（物/现象的）很少见 Rain is a rarity in the Sahara.
4. 选C ①entitle赋予，给予entitle sb to sth或entitle sb to do。 If you fail three times, you are not entitled to do any more.②give可接双宾语，但直接宾语前不用介词t：You visits may give some comfort to the patient.③ grant同意，准予，授予 grant sth (to sb)/ grant sb sth：The general granted us permission to visit the military base.④ credit相信，认为 Until now I have always credited you with more sense.
5. 选B ①set one’s mind on (to) 决心要，很想要 We’ve set our minds on a visit to the Great Wall.② bring sth to mind想起 The photo brings to our mind the days we spent together.③ give one’s mind to 注意某事物As a student, you should give your mind to study.
1. The mother said she would __ her son washing the dishes if he could finish his assignment before supper.
A let down B let alone C let off D let out
2. This kind of material can __ heat and moisture.
A delete B compel C constrain D repel
3. Understanding the cultural habits of another nation, especially __ containing as many different subcultures as the United States, is a complex task.
A one B the one C that D such
4. In order to raise money, Aunt Nicola had to __ with some of her most treasured possessions.
A divide B separate C part D abandon
5. The new appointment of our president __ from the very beginning of next semester.
A takes effect B takes part C takes place D takes turns
1. 选C ①let off原谅，不处罚，放过 With your record, you can hardly expect to let off lightly.
② let down使失望，食言③let alone别管，别烦Let her alone! She didn’t pick a quarrel with you.④ let out让……离开Open the door and let the cat out.
2. 选D ①delete消去，删除 Delete his name from the list of applicants.②compel强迫，迫使（运用权利/力量对方采取行动）He was compelled by illness to give up his studies.③constrain 限制，约束（强调内心情感），后接不定式 His activities must be constrained.④ repel排斥，抵制，防，抗We should not repel but protect young people’s enthusiasm.
3.选A 依语意以句子结构，此处需要一个代词，表泛指，则选one;而the one表特指 Please get the chair for me, the one in the corner.
4.选C ①part 不及物动词 “分别，离别”Scarcely an hour has passed since we parted.②divide分，划分Is the land to be divided up or sold as a whole?③separate使……分离④abandon抛弃，放弃The order was given to abandon ship.
5.①take effect（药物）见效，（法律等）生效The new system of taxation will take effect next May.②take part参加③take place发生，举行④take turns轮流，依次They are unwilling to take turns at the same computer.
- The politician says that he will __ the welfare of the people.
- The car was in good working__ when I bought it in a few months ago.
A order B form C state D circumstance
2. In order to repair barns, build fences, grow crops, and care for animals a farmer must indeed be__.
A restless B skilled C strong D versatile
3. The policemen went into action__ they heard the alarm.
A promptly B presently C quickly D directly
4. He was __ to tell the truth even to his closed friend.
A too much of a coward B too much the coward
C a coward enough D enough of a coward
5. The team’s efforts to score were__ by the opposing goalkeeper.
A frustrated B prevented C discouraged D accomplished
1．选A ① order作“状态”②form作“形态，形状，方式，外型” Which literary form do you like best? ③ state 状态，状况，情形The child was in a state of neglect. ④ circumstance情况，情形.
2．选D ① versatile 多才多艺的 He is a versatile athlete. ② restless不安定的，焦虑的，烦躁的 Americans are historically a restless and mobile people.而skilled相对versatile"多才多艺的"l来说,versatile更恰当.这个句子主要强调的是一个农民的多种技能.这种题目很烦,之前我也搞不清楚.
3．选D 四个选项都是副词，但directly还可作连词，等同于as soon as，一……就……
4．选A much of a 非常的…….(这个短语很重要一定要把这个例句背起来哦。)
5．选A frustrate 挫败，阻挠，使感到灰心.frustrate在郎文词典中第二条是这样解释的.to prevent sb’s plans, efforts or attempts from succeeding挫败,阻挠 Their attempts to speak to him were frustrated by the guards.没特定给人使用哦.
1. Furthermore, these high-ways generally __ large urban centers.
A lead B connect C collect D communicate
2. Not far from the __ new “superhighways”, these are often older, less heavily traveled roads which go through the countryside.
A relatively B regularly C respectively D reasonably
3. Others are uneven roads__ through the country.
A driving B crossing C curving D traveling
4. The manager promised to keep me __ of how our business was going on.
A to be informed B on informing C informed D informing
5. The secret agent concealed her real mission, therefore many local people were__ into thinking that she was a good person.
A betrayed B driven C deceived D convinced
1.选B lead 和communicate是不及物动词，后不可以接名词。而connect表“连接”，是及物动词。
3.选C curved (v)表“蜿蜒曲折”The road curves suddenly to the right.
5.选C deceive“欺骗，蒙骗”用deceive sb into doing sth欺骗某人做某事。betray背叛，出卖 His accent betrays him.
- The car was in good working__ when I bought it in a few months ago.
1 ． Please dispose __ those old newspaper while you’re cleaning up the room.
A out B of C away D in
2. At present there is a __ of iron and steel and more must be produced.
A limit B loss C poverty D scarcity
3. He was __ admittance to the concert hall for not being properly dressed.
A rejected B denied C withheld D deprived
4. George has a big coffee __ on the front of his jacket.
A spot B mark C stain D patch
5.The Christmas presents were all ___ in shiny paper.
A done over B done with C done out D done up
1． 选B dispose of处理掉How can I dispose of my old coat?
2． 选D。scarcity缺乏，匮乏，稀罕，相当于lack。The causal relationship between scarcity of goods and higher prices is self-evident.
3． 选B deny“拒绝给予”，后面多接双宾语，那就是用在deny sb sth 的结构中。She denied her son nothing. ②Withhold不给，拒绝He tried to withhold the truth from us.③Deprive (of) 剥夺，使丧失，使不能做No one should be deprived of love without the very best of reasons.
4． 选C stain污点，污迹，耻辱 Gasoline can remove the stain. ② Spot点，斑点，污点，场所，地Give me but one firm spot on which to stand and I will move the earth.③Mark Cherishing children is the mark of a civilized society.④Patch补丁，碎片，小块土地，眼罩Don’t put a patch upon it.
5． 选 D do up包装 Remember to do up the china in newspaper. (这里的china可是瓷器哦)
1． Many artists predict that this brilliant young actor __ to be a shinning star.
A destines B will be destined C is destined D has been destined
2. His companions have threatened to __ his crime to the police.
A impose B express C enclose D expose
3. The patient’s progress was very encouraging as he could __ get out of bed without help.
A nearly B hardly C merely D barely
4. You must insist that students give a truthful answer__ with the reality of their world.
A relevant B simultaneous C consistent D practical
5. We have made great achievements, but it does not__ that there are no shortcomings.
A result in B lead to C follow D cause
1. 选C be destined to sth (todo)“ 命定，注定”The enemy’s attempt is destined to fail
2. 选D. expose“揭露，暴露”，后常跟介词to。Don’t expose it to the sun.而impose on/ upon 把……强加于Don’t try to impose your wishes on us. Enclose
3. 选D. barely“勉强，好不容易才”，表示肯定意义They have barely enough time to catch the train.
4. 选C consistent“一致的，连贯的，始终如一的” His actions are always consistent with his words. 而simultaneous“同时发生的，同时的”Simultaneous interpretation in the United States is a demanding job.
5. 选C It follows that 由此而得出……结论 He often gets high scores in exams, but it doesn’t follow that he is clever.
1. I have no doubt that __ all of these people were taught in school that the earth revolves around the sun.
A virtually B remarkably C ideally D preferably
2. The story that follows__ two famous characters of the Rocky Mountain gold rush days.
A concerns B states C proclaims D relates
3. Tom__ better than to ask Dick for help.
A shall know B shouldn’t know C has known D should have known
4. The schoolmaster __ the girl’s bravery in his opening speech.
A applauded B enhanced C elevated D clapped
5. The head of the Museum was __ and let us actually examine the ancient manuscripts.
A promising B agreeing C pleasing D obliging
1.选A virtually 实际上,几乎 Virtually the queen rules the Kingdom instead of the King.
2.选A concern “关于”=be about. This story concerns a good girl and a wicked fairy.
state陈述,叙述 The book states the case for women’s rights very clearly.
proclaim宣布,宣告 The ringing bells proclaimed the news of the birth of the prince.
3.选D know better than to do sth 明白事理而不至于……You ought to know better than to go swimming on such a cold day.
4.选A applaud 称赞，赞许 The teacher applauded his brave spirit. enhance提高，增强， clap鼓掌。 Elevate举起，提高The fresh morning air elevated him.
5.选D obliging 乐于助人的，有礼貌的 The United States and Australia were not so obliging. The two countries banned the import of British beef as early as 1988.
1.We mustn't relax our vigilance___.
A in the least B at least C at most D in the end
2. During the reading lesson, the teacher asked the students to read a few __ from the novel.
A pieces B essays C fragments D extracts
3. But they aslo __ beyond the individual places and consider the earth as a whole.
A pass B reach C go D set
4. How human beings and their environment act __ each other.
A upon B for C as D to
5. The mere fact __ most people believe nuclear war would be madness does not mean that it will not occur.
A what B which C that D why
1．选A ① in the least 丝毫，一点They don’t in least understand this.
②in the end 最后，终于
In the end they reached their destination before dusk.
2．选D ① extract 做节录，引文，选段
He applied to the publisher for permission to reprint an extract.
Liberty and civilization are only fragments of rights wrung from the strong hands of wealth and book learning.
3．选C go beyond超过，超出 These issues go beyond the range of language study. 而set和pass，reach不与beyond搭配。
4．选A ①act upon作用于 This drug act upon (on) the nerves.
②act as 作为……而作出反应，充当
His job was to act as a link between the government and the press.
③work at从事 She had been wondering what she should work at in order to gain her doctorate.
1．The policeman stopped him when he was driving home and __ him of speed.
A charged B accused C blamed D warned
2． The public opinion was that the time was not__ for the election of such a radical candidate as Mr. Jones.
A reasonable B ripe C ready D practical
3. The managing director took the __ for the accident, although it was not really his fault.
A guilt B blame C charge D accusation
4. Barry had an advantage over his mother__ he could speak French.
A since that B in that C at that D so that
5. Very few scientists__ completely new answers to the world’s problems.
A come up with B come out C come round D come up to
1选B accuse of 指控某人犯……罪 He was accused of corruption.
charge with指控某人犯……罪 He was charged with negligence of duty.
blame sb for 因……埋怨，责怪 Movies have been blamed for the crime wave.
warn sb of 警告，告戒某人 He was warned of the danger.
2.选B ripe引申为“时机成熟的，准备好的”I won’t tell her the news until the time is ripe for it.
ready for做好准备的 Are you ready for the journey?
3选B take the blame for sth对某事负责，内疚 We are ready to take the blame for that.
4选B in that 由于，因为Human beings are superior to animals in that they can use language as a tool to communicate.
5选A come up with提出，提供 He claimed to have been the first to come up with that idea.
come out 出现，显露，出版，发表 When will his new book come out?
come round/ around 顺便来访，改变主意 He will never come round to our way of thinking.
come up to达到，符合Only in this way will you come up to the Party’s expectations.
1. The political future of the president is now hanging by a __.
A thread B cord C string D rope
2. The question is still__ discussion.
A in B by C for D under
3. We managed to reach the top of the mountain, and half an hour later we began to __.
A ascend B descend C decline D plunge
4. To survive in the intense trade competition between countries, we must__ the qualities and varieties of products we make to the world-market demand.
A improve B enhance C guarantee D gear
5. There has been a __ lack of communication between the union and the management.
A regretful B regrettable C regretting D regretted
1．选A 四个选项都有“绳索”这个意思，但只有thread和hang by构成习语：hang by a thread千钧一发，危在旦夕
2．选D be+ prep+n（表动作的名词）来表示“被动”而under discussion是习惯搭配
3．选B descend 指人，物体从某一高度/斜面上“下来/降”On turning the corner, we saw that the road descended sharply.
decline 强调权利，繁荣，成就，健康状况，体力，记忆，数量的“减少，衰落”His influence declined after he lost the election.
ascend渐渐上升，descend的反义词。We watched the balloon ascend higher and higher.
plunge使突然前倾或下降 The sudden application of the brakes plunged him forward.
enhance 增加，提高The moonlight enhanced the beauty of the scene.
4．选D gear to使……适合，配合We must gear the amount of products we make to the increase in public demand. 现在来分析题目.题中的To……,是目的状语.而we 是主语, gear.to是谓语,而the qualitiesand varieties of products 是宾语,而we make 是来修饰这个宾语的,the world-market demand是宾补.句子的大致意思就是说我们必须根据市场的需求制造商品,才能在市场上立足.
5 选B regrettable 可惜的 regretful后悔的，抱歉的
1.She managed to save__ she could out of her wages to help her brother.
A how little money B so little money C such little money D what little money
2. The statue would be perfect but for a few small__ in its base.
A mistakes B weakness C flaws D errors
3. The morning news says a school bus__ with a train at the junction and a group of policmen were sent there immediately.
A bumped B collided C crashed D struck
4. The screaming of a woman____ our attention back_____ the TV program.
A paid...at B got...on C called...to D drew...over
5. This typerwriter is____ your service.
A at B in C on D under
1.选D. what little+n表＂所仅有的＂
2.选C flaw＂缺陷，瑕疵，裂痕＂ There is only a flaw in his argument.
3.选B collide 碰撞，撞 The two cars collided, but luckily no one was seriously hurt.
strike打，袭击，攻击 He struck the boy a violent blow.
bump碰，冲撞，偶遇 I bumped into an old friend of mine on the road.
crash碰撞，坠落 The car crashed into a tree.
4.选C call(draw) one’s attention to 将某人的注意力吸引到……
pay attention to 注意，重视 Please pay attention to your spellings.
5.选A at one’s service 听候某人吩咐，听凭某人使用．（其他没有如此搭配）
1. We are writing to the manager_ _the repairs recently carried out at the above address.
A with the exception B with the purpose of C with reference to D with a view to
2.Then the speaker__ the various factors leading to the present economic crisis.
A went after B went into C went for D went on
3.Theory is based on practice and __ serves and guides practice.
A in turn B by turns C in return D taking turns
4. We hadn’t realized that there would be a power cut so we were astonished when the whole house was__ into darkness.
A dropped B dived C drowned D plunged
5. The school committee naturally hope that their choice of play will be __ with the school and parents.
A content B pleased C favorable D popular
1．选C with reference to 关于，根据
With a view to 以……为目标，指望于
2．选B go into讨论，议论，详述They went into it for several hours, without much satisfaction on either side.
go for袭击，抨击 His opponent went for him when his back was turned.
go on进行，发生 If you never read newspaper, you’ll never know what’s going on in the world.
3. 选A in turn 依次，反过来They speak in turn.
in return 作为回报I helped her repair her bike, and she treated me to a cup of coffee in return.
by turns 轮流 They laughed and cried by turns.
take turns (at ) doing sth 轮流做某事
The three brothers took turns (at) looking after their mother.
4. 选D plunge into陷于某种状态
The country was plunged into a war.
5.选D be popular with受到……的喜爱
be content with对某事感到满足We are not content with our present achievement.
be pleased with 对……感到满意，高兴I am very pleased with he has done.
Favorable 顺利的，有利的 The weather is favorable to us for a start.
1.First published in 1927, the charts remain an _______ source for researchers.
A intelligent B indispensable C inevitable D identical
2. Please___ dictionaries when you are not sure of____ word spelling or meaning.
A search B seek C inquire D consult
3. It ____ you to at least 50% off the regular price of either frames or lenses when you buy both.
A credits B entitles C presents D tips
4. The __ at the military academy is so rigid that students can hardly bear it.
A confinement B convention C discipline D principle
5. Doctors warned agaisnt chewing tobacco as a _____ for smoking.
A succession B substitute C revival D relief
1.选B indispensable to do sth, indispensable for sth/ doing sth 不可缺少的,必需的
identical同一的,identical to/with sb/sth与……完全相同的
2.选D consult with sb 与某人商量,consult查阅
3. 选B entitle sb to sth(用于被动语态) 给某人获得某事物或权利
4. 选C discipline 训练方式,处罚
5.选B substitute 代替, 替用品
1. It was the first time that such a ___ had to be taken at a British nuclear power station.
A presentation B preparation C prediction D precaution
2.The test results are beyond__; they have been repeated in labs all over the world.
A conflict B dispute C bargain D negotiation
3. The group of technicians are engaged in a study which __ all aspects of urban planning.
A embraces B performs C inserts D grips
4. ___ that he wan’t happy with the arrangements. I tried to book a different hotel.
A Puzzling B Penetrating C Perceiving D Persevering
5.His business, was very successful, but it was at the __ of his family life.
A exhaustion B consumption C credit D expense
1.选D precaution 预防措施或方法
I took the precaution of looking everything in the safe.
2.选B dispute 争论，辩论，质疑
3.选A embrace 拥抱，包括
4.选C penetrating 思想敏锐的，有洞察力的，（声音）响亮的
5.选D at the expense of 以……为代价
- Attandances at basketball matches have____ since the coming of television.
A dropped in B dropped down C dropped off D dropped out
2. The meeting_____ at midnight and we all went home.
A broke through B stopped off C stopped up D broke up
3. How long did it take you to realize he was dishonest? I ___ from the start.
A looked him through B saw through him
C look forward to him D saw him through
4.In the coming term she will ____ the advanced class.
A take advantage of B take an account of
C take charge of D take care of
5. The clouds have_______ the sun.
A blocked in B blocked off C blocked out D blocked up
1.drop off减少， drop down卧倒 ，drop out 排出,掉出
2.break up结束，break through突破，stop up=stay up, stop off中途下车
3. see through sb 看穿某人， see sb through帮助某人度过难关
4.take charge of掌管,负责， take an account of 把……列表，take advantage of sb欺骗某人
5. block out封闭，block in填塞， 堵塞， block off阻断，堵塞
1.The boy was ______ the charge of stealing.
A. cleared of B. clear away C cleaned of D cleaned out
2. We are considering ___ the production process.
A. recognize B. recognized C recognizing D to recognize
3. Rather than ___ me, he simply got up early to wash the clothes himself.
A. disturb Bdisturbing C to disturb D disturbed
4. You’ll have to be strict with your students. They quickly get_________.
A. on hand B out of hand C off hand D by hand
5. He inquired______ her husband’s health in her letter.
A. after B into C for D about
1. 选A.clear of证实(某人在某方面)无罪,常用于被动语态.
3.选A. rather than用于平行结构中与两个形容词,两个状语词组,两个名词或代词,两个不定式或ing形式连用.在此句中,它连接两个不定式.
4.选B out of hand无法控制
by hand 手工做的
5. 选A inquire after 问起(某人的)健康
inquire about 询问
inquire into 调查,查问
inquire for 询问(商品),地点
- Attandances at basketball matches have____ since the coming of television.
- There be/ appear/ come/ remain+主语（+地点或时间状语）
例如：There appeared to be a woman in red.那里有个穿红衣服的女人。
出于修辞需要，表示方向的副词：out, down, in, up, away, on。
例如：Down jumped the burglar from the tenth floor when he heard someone shouted at him.
出于习惯用法：here, there, now, thus, hence, then。例如：Here comes the taxi.
例如：Scattered on the floor were several books and magazines.
- 下列否定词及含有否定意义的词组修饰状语时，若置句首，句子的主谓要部分倒装：never, no, neither, not only, hardly, scarcely, little, seldom, rarely, not until, nowhere, at no time, on no account, in no respect, in no sense, by no means, in no way, no longer, no less, no more, no sooner than, under no circumstances, in vain, still less。
例如：Not only is its direct attack on their discipline, it bypasses the essence of what sociologists focus on. Under no circumstances should we do anything that will benefit ourselves but harm the interests of the state.
例如：Only when you have obtained sufficient data can you come to a sound conclusion.
- 以下列副词或短语开头的句子，句子的主谓要部分倒装：often, so, well, to such a degree, to such an extent, to such extremes, to such a point，many a time。
例如：So involved with their computers do the children become that leaders at summer computer camps often have to force them to break for sports and games.
(1) as引导让步状语从句，必须采用倒装结构，但不是主谓倒装，而是将被强调的内容置于句首。例如：Much as I have traveled, I have never seen anyone to equal her, in thoroughness, whatever the job.
(2) 出现在句型be+主语+其他中。例如：Our civilization has accumulated an incredible amount of knowledge—be it scientific or artistic. The business of each day, be it selling goods or shipping them, went quite smoothly. Come what may, I’ll be on your side.
例如：Hydrogen burns much more cleanly than do other fuels and is easy to produce. Reading is to the mind as is exercise to the body.
现在一般时do、现在完成时have done、现在进行时is doing、现在完成进行时have been doing
过去一般时did、过去完成时had done、过去进行时was doing、过去完成进行时had been doing
将来一般时will do、将来完成时will have done、将来进行时will be doing、将来完成进行时will have been doing、
过去将来一般时would do、过去将来完成时would have done、过去将来进行时would be doing、过去将来完成进行时would have been doing
要掌握英语的时态和语态，必须掌握好英语中的助动词(do, be, have)和时间状语这两个核心问题。
主要用来表示人、事物的现在状况和特点；表示经常或习惯性的动作，句子中常有often, always, from time to time 等时间状语；表示客观规律和永恒真理等。
He works for us.
He doesn't work for us.
Does he work for us?
Yes, he does
He usually goes to work at 7 o‟clock every morning. 他每天7点上班。
We are having English class. 我们正在上英语课。
They have lived in Beijing for five years. 他们在北京已经住了5年了。
表在过去某个特定时间发生且完成的动作，或过去习惯性动作，不强调对现在的影响，只说明过去。常跟明确的过去时间连用，如：yesterday; last week; in 1945, at that time; once;
during the war; before; a few days ago
He used to smoke a lot. 他过去抽烟比较厉害。
Beijing was hosting the 29th Olympic Games in August 2008. 在2008年8月，北京正在举办29届奥运会。
表示过去某个时间之前已经完成的动作，即过去完成时的动作发生在“过去的过去”，句中有明显的参照动作或时间状语，这种时态从来不孤立使用( before, after, by, up till )，基本结构：主语+had+过去分词(done)
They finished earlier than we had expected. 他们提前完成了（工作）。
表在将来某个时间会发生的动作或情况。常和tomorrow, next year等表示将来的时间状语连用。
am／are／is＋going to＋do 或will／shall＋am/is/are/about to + do 、am/is/are to + do; 一般将来时的表达方法be going to +动词原形、be +不定式,be to+动词原形,be about to＋动词原形、be able to +不定、 be about to+动词原形、will + 动词原形；
I am leaving for Beijing tomorrow. 我明天就要离开北京。
表将来某个时间正在发生的动作，或按计划一定会发生的事情。主语+will + be +现在分词
I‟ll be doing my homework this time tomorrow. 明天这会我正在写作业。
表在将来某时刻之前业已完成的事情，时间状语非常明显。常用的时间状语一般用by+将来的时间。如：by the end of this year, by 8 o‟clock this evening, by March next year以及由by the time…, before或when等引导的副词从句。（shall）will+have+动词过去分词、before+将来时间或by+将来时间。
By the end of next month, he will have traveled 1000 miles on foot. 到下个月底，他步行将达到1000英里。
搭配一 among oneself
该搭配中的反身代词通常为ourselves, themselves，且通常与动词agree, argue, quarrel, decide, divide, talk 等搭配，表示“彼此”“互相”“……之间”之类的意思。如：
They were busy arguing among themselves. 他们忙着互相争论。
We were always quarrelling among ourselves. 我们之间老是互相争吵。
They talked among themselves while they waited. 他们一边等着一边互相谈话。
Volunteers divided the different jobs among themselves. 志愿者们分担各种不同的工作。
The trainees decide among themselves what programs to take. 受训者自行选择所学课程。
The trouble was they couldn’t agree among themselves. 麻烦的是他们自己不能取得一致的意见。
They had a heated discussion among themselves. 他们之间进行了热烈的讨论。
They tried to settle disputes among themselves. 他们试图解决彼此之间的纠纷。
搭配二 between ourselves
All this is between ourselves. 这些我们只是私下说说。
Between ourselves, I think she’s a bit of a fool. 你可别对别人说啊，我觉得她有点儿傻。
Between ourselves, I don’t think he will live much longer. 咱们私下说说，他活不久了。
Between ourselves. I think Mr. Holmes had not quite got over his illness yet. 我们私下说说，我认为福尔摩斯先生病还没完全好。
有时也说成between you and me，意思一样。如：
Between you and me, I think he’s rather stupid. 这是我们私下里说的话，我认为他很笨。
搭配三 by oneself
I often like to spend time by myself. 我平常喜欢独自消磨时间。
The dog was in the house by itself for several days. 狗在房子里单独呆了几天。
She is old enough to travel by herself. 她已经到了可以自己出门旅行的年龄了。
My mother is by herself, so I must go home now. 我妈一个人在家，因此我得回家了。
I managed to do it by myself. 我是自己做成这件事的。
John managed to repair his car by himself. 约翰设法独力修理自己的汽车。
There are many things one must do by oneself without depending on others. 有许多事情你必须自己去做，不能依靠别人。
三是表示“自动地”，主要用于 by itself，意思相当于automatically。如：
This is a machine that works by itself. 这是一台自动工作的机器。
The door opens by itself as you approach it. 当你靠近时候门就会自动打开。
The machine will start by itself in a few seconds. 机器在几秒钟后会自动开启。
搭配四 for oneself
You can judge for yourself. 你可以自己做出判断。
He has a fight to decide for himself. 他有权自己做决定。
He demanded the right to decide for himself. 他要求得到自己做决定的权力。
He made no complaint for himself. 他没为自己诉苦。
He acted without thought for himself. 他那样做的时候并没考虑到自己。
She’s no shrinking violet—always ready to speak up for herself. 她可不胆小——任何场合都能为自己说话。
搭配五 in itself
He is not bad in himself. 他本质不坏。
The idea is not bad in itself. 这主意本身不错。
Threading a needle is an art in itself. 穿针引线本身就是一种技巧。
You’ve managed to complete the course—that in itself is an achievement. 你设法修完了课程——这本身就是成绩。
搭配六 to oneself
1. cry to oneself 哭着对自己说
Oh Ned, Nancy cried to herself, why did you have to leave me? 哦，内德，南希还哭着对自己说，你为什么一定得离开我呢?
2. have something to oneself 独自享用某物
I have the whole day to myself. 今天整天都是属于我自己的。
With my parents away I’ve got the house to myself. 由于我父母不在，我可以独自使用这所房子。
3. keep (oneself) to oneself 不与人交往
Nobody knows much about him; he keeps himself very much to himself. 谁都不太了解他，因为他很少与人来往。
4. say to oneself 心里想
So I said to myself, “It’s time I left.” 所以我想：“我该走了。”
I woke up early and said to myself, “Shall I get up?” 我很早就醒来了，心里想：“要不要起床呢?”
注意：say to oneself与speak to oneself大致同义，主要指“说给自己听”“在心里想着”，其“自言自语”的成分比较少。若要表示“自言自语”(强调出声)，可用talk to oneself。如：
He was probably talking to himself, which he often did now. 他也许在自言自语，他现在常常如此。
When she was old, she would sit in the corner talking to herself for hours. 在她年老时，她老坐在角落里自言自语，一说就是几个小时。
主语和谓语是句子的核心，它们之间有两种语序：一是主语在谓语之前称为自然语序（Natural Order）；二是主语在谓语之后则称为倒装语序（Inverted Order）。而倒装语序中又有全部倒装（Full Inversion）和部分倒装（Partial Inversion）两种情况。
There are large numbers of students in the lecture hall.
（在There be…的句式中，There只是个引导词而不是主语，真正的主语是后面作表语的名词或者名词短语。因此，There be…的句式都是全部倒装的句子。）演讲厅里有大量的学生。
When he ran to the door, there stood a mid-aged man with a lantern in his hand .
（此句是为了"描述情节的需要"，把倒装当着修辞的手段而写成了全部倒装句。句子的主语是a mid-aged man，谓语是stood 。）当他向房门跑去时，那儿正立着一位手里拿着一盏灯笼的中年男人。
Are you going to take part in the football match against Accounting Department on Friday afternoon? （句子的谓语是are going to take part，are是句子的谓语的一部分；句子的主语是you 。所以，此句是部分倒装的句子。疑问句都是部分倒装句。）你打算去参加星期五与会计系进行的足球赛吗？
Hardly could he finish his test paper when the school bell rang .（由于语法要求的原因，本句写成了部分倒装的句子。它的自然语序应该是：When the bell rang, he could hardly finish his test paper.）他还未做完试卷，下课铃就响了。
Will they come to see us this weekend ? 这个周末他们将来看我们吗？
Are you talking about the film you saw last Monday ?
Can you speak another foreign language except English?
Where did you buy the dictionary, in the book store nearby or in Xinhua bookstore?
She is not a student, isn't she ? 她不是个学生，对吗？
Isn't it a beautiful garden ! 多么美丽的花园啊！
What a beautiful garden it is ! 多么美丽的花园啊！（在这种句式中，主语在谓语之前，属于自然语序。对于主语和谓语而言，语序没有倒装。）
Have you ever seen such a naughty kid like him !
1) 为了避免句子部分内容不必要的重复，常用"so + be动词（助动词、情态动词）+主语"或"neither / nor + be动词（助动词、情态动词）+主语"的倒装句式。其中第一个句式表示"与前面所述的肯定情况相同"， 第二个句式表示"与前面所述的否定情况相同"。例如：
His brother is a college student; so is mine.
His brother is not a college student; nor is min .
He used to have his further study abroad; so did I.
He didn't use to have his further study abroad; neither did I.
One of my friends can speak three foreign languages; so can his wife.
One of my friends cannot speak three foreign languages; neither can his wife .我的一个朋友不会说三门外国语，他的妻子也不会。
They are now preparing for their final examinations; so are we .
They are not now preparing for their final examinations; nor are we .
2）具有否定意义的词或短语置于句首时（除否定词修饰主语外），句子一般要写成部分倒装句。这类词或短语常见的有：not, never, seldom, hardly, rarely, scarcely, by no means, under no circumstances, in no way, at no time, no sooner … (than), hardly … (when), not only … (but also), not until… ,等。例如：
Hardly had she sat down when she heard someone knocking at the door .
Not until twelve o'clock did he go to bed last night .
Never have my sisters been to Hong Kong before .
No sooner had I returned home from New Zealand than I bought a house and went to live there.我从新西兰一回国，就买了一栋房子并在那儿住下了。
So far as I know, seldom does Mary come back to see her mother.
Scarcely a drop of rain fell here last fall . （否定词修饰主语时，句子不用倒装。） 去年秋天，这儿几乎没下一滴雨。
3）当so, often, only等表示程度、频率的副词放在句首时，句子一般要倒装。例如：
Only in this way can you come up with a solution to the problem.
So serious was the situation that everybody faced a test.
So hard did he overwork that he fell ill at last. 他太操劳过度以致最后病倒了。
4）当there, here, then, now等副词在句首，且谓语是come, go, be等动词时，句子一般要全部倒装。其意义在于引起他人的注意。如果这类句子的主语是代词，则不用写成倒装句。例如：
Now, here goes the story.这个故事是这样的。
Look, there comes the taxi.瞧，出租车过来了。
Then came another question.然后又一个问题提出来了。
Then followed the four-year War of Liberation.接下来是四年的解放战争。
5) 当out, in, away, up, bang等表示方位或拟声词放在句首时，句子一般要全部倒装。这类子比自然语序的句子更为生动、形象。但如果这类句子的主语是代词，则不用写成倒装句。例如：
Bang goes my ace.我砰地一下打出了"爱司"。
Away flew the bird.那鸟飞走了。
Suddenly, in came a man with a mask on his face.
Had they not helped us, we could not have done it so successfully.
Should he come, say "Nobody in" to him.
May our friendship last forever.愿我们的友谊常存！
May your company become prosperous.祝贵公司生意兴隆！（某些让步状语从句）
Try as I might, I couldn't lift the stone.无论我使多大的劲，我也无法搬起那块石头。
They said they would follow the Party's lead come what might.
Next to this one is another grand hotel which is beautifully decorated .
On either side of the great avenue stood many block buildings.
"I'm leaving for Beijing tomorrow," said Tom to his mother (OR: Tom said to his mother) .汤姆对他妈妈说："我明天动身去北京。"
Many block buildings stood on either side of the great avenue.
Another grand hotel, which is beautifully decorated, is next to this one .
注意： 当有though, although时，后面的从句不能有but，但是 though 和yet可连用
Although it's raining, they are still working in the field.
He is very old, but he still works very hard.
Though the sore be healed, yet a scar may remain.
1） ___she is young, she knows quite a lot.
A. When B. However C. Although D. Unless
2) as, though 引导的倒装句
as / though引导的让步从句必须表语或状语提前（形容词、副词、分词、实义动词提前）。
Child as /though he was, he knew what was the right thing to do.
= Though he was a small child, he knew what was the right thing to do.
注意： a. 句首名词不能带任何冠词。
Try hard as he will, he never seems able to do the work satisfactorily.
= Though he tries hard, he never seems…
3) ever if, even though. 即使
We'll make a trip even though the weather is bad.
4) whether…or- 不管……都
Whether you believe it or not, it is true.
5) "no matter +疑问词" 或"疑问词+后缀ever"
No matter what happened, he would not mind.
Whatever happened, he would not mind.
替换：no matter what = whatever
no matter who = whoever
no matter when = whenever
no matter where = wherever
no matter which = whichever
no matter how = however
注意：no matter 不能引导主语从句和宾语从句。
（错）No matter what you say is of no use now.
（对）Whatever you say is of no use now.
你现在说什么也没用了。(Whatever you say是主语从句)
（错）Prisoners have to eat no matter what they're given,
（对）Prisoners have to eat whatever they're given. 囚犯们只能给什么吃什么。
I don't know this. No news is good news.
There is no person /not a person/not any person in the house.
He went to his office, not to see him.
I am sorry for not coming on time.
I don't think/believe/suppose/feel/imagine you are right.
I don't know all of them.
I can't see everybody/everything.
All the answers are not right.（并非所有答案都对。）
All is not gold that glitters. （闪光的不一定都是金子。）
Both of them are not right.（并非两人都对。）
None of my friends smoke.
I can see nothing/nobody.
Nothing can be so simple as this.
Neither of them is right.
You didn't see him, neither/nor did I.
You don't know, I don't know either.
He doesn't know English, let alone/to say nothing of/not to speak of French.
We seldom/hardly/scarcely/barely hear such fine singing.
I know little English.
I saw few people.
You can't make something out of nothing.
What's done cannot be undone.
There is no sweet without sweat.
No gain without pains.
I can't help /keep/ laughing whenever I hear it.
No man is so old but (that) he can learn.
Everyone is ready except you.
He did nothing but play.
But for your help, I couldn't do it.
I won't do it at all.
I can't see it any more.
He is no longer a boy
1.“Oh， who was that？” Mr. Black asked.“哦，是谁？”布莱克先生问。
2.“Oh， how blind you are！” he cried.“哎呀，你们真瞎！”他大声道。
3.“Oh， oh！” he cried.“My stomach！ My head！ oh！ oh！”“哎呀，哎哟！”他大声道，“我的肚子！我的头！哎哟！哎哟！”
4.Oh， learned judge！ Oh， wise young man.噢，博学的法官！噢，聪明的年轻人！
1.Ah， yes， Jeanne married a man with a lot of money.啊，对啦，让娜嫁给了一个很有钱的人。
2.“Ah， what splendid clothes！” thought the Emperor.“啊！多华丽的衣服啊！”皇帝想。
4. Ah， here is the thing I am after.哎呀，我找的东西在这儿呢。
1.Oh，come， Mathilde.Surely you can tell an old friend.嗨，说吧，玛蒂尔德，你对老朋友说说总是可以的吧。
2.Come， we must hurry.喂，我们得赶紧啦！
3.Come， come， get him his change.Tod，get him his change.好吧，好吧，托德，快把钱找给他，快把钱找给他。
4. Come，come！ What were you really doing behind the bicycle sheds？喂！喂！你还在车棚里磨蹭啥？
1. Dear me！ What awful weather！哎呀！多糟的天气！
2.Oh， dear， dear！ Where can Harry be？天哪，天哪，亨利会在哪儿？
3.Dear， dear！ Where have I put my keys？哎呀，我把钥匙放在哪啦？
4.“Dear me，” he said to himself，“Am I foolish or unfit for my office？”“哎呀！”他心里嘀咕着，“我是愚蠢呢还是不称职？”
1. Well，your father has found him in the garage.好啦，你父亲在车库里找到他了。
2.Are you sure？ Well，perhaps you，are right.你能肯定吗？嗯，也许你说得对。
3.Well，you must come to lunch tomorrow.不过，你明天一定要来吃午饭。
4.I handed the note to him and said，“Oh，very well，I apologize.”我把那张票子递给了他，说道：“啊，好极了，我向你道歉。”
5.Well，why don't you make a notice like theirs？那么，你为什么不做个像他们那样的广告牌呢？
1.Now，now， you two；Don't fight again.喂，喂，你们俩，别再打了。
2.Now， now， my boy！It's all right！There's no need to cry！好了，好了，孩子，没事了，别哭了。
3.Now，let's play basketball.喏，咱们打篮球吧！
4.Now，lift me up，Doctor，lift me up.Where is he？把我扶起来吧，医生，把我扶起来。他在哪里？
1.There！There！ Never mind， you'll soon feel better.好啦，好啦，不要紧，你马上会好的。
2.Thefe，there，you said too much.得啦，得啦，你说的太多了。
3.There—I've filled it up again.瞧，我又把它灌满了。
1.“Use you knife，man！” ordered the British officer nearby.“嗨，用刀子割！”旁边的英国军官命令道。
3.We have won the match，man！啊，我们胜利了。
1. Boy，oh，boy！Our team's going to win！How fantastic？哇，怎么样！我们队要赢了！真是太好了！
2.Boy！This soup is good，Mama！嘿，妈妈，这汤好得很。
3.Oh，boy！I just had a wonderful dream！嘿，我刚才做了个好梦。
nonsense（胡说） Good heavens（惊异、不高兴）
1.Ha！ Pround as these nobles are，he is afraid to see me.哈！这些贵族尽管傲慢，他却害怕见到我。
2.The trousers are all right；now the waistcoat； aha，right again.裤子合身；再请穿上背心试试；啊哈，也很合适。
3 Hey！I didn't expect to meet you here.嗨，我没想到会在这儿遇到你。
4.Hello？ Yes， this is Professor Hunter's house.喂，是的，这儿是亨特教授的家。
5.They were about to go down. When Tum suddenly whispered.“Sh！Keep still. Don't move！”他们正想再下去，这时托姆突然低声道：“嘘，安静，别动！”
6 Why， what's the harm？咳，这有什么害处呢？
7.“Nonsense，” the king shouted.“My cook is the best cook in the world.”“胡说！”那国王喊道，“我的厨师是世界上最好的厨师。”
8.“Good heavens！ Listen to that silly child，” said the father.“天哪！听听那傻孩子在瞎说些什么！”孩子的父亲说
感官动词 see, watch, observe, notice, look at, hear, listen to, smell, taste, feel + do 表示动作的完整性，真实性；+doing 表示动作的连续性，进行性
I saw him work in the garden yesterday.
I saw him working in the garden yesterday.（强调"我见他正干活"这个动作）
1）They knew her very well. They had seen her ___ up from childhood.
A. grow B. grew C. was growing D. to grow
答案：A。因题意为，他们看着她长大，因此强调的是成长的过程，而非正在长的动作，因此用see sb do sth 的句型。
2）The missing boy was last seen ___ near the river.
A. playing B. to be playing C. play D. to play
答案A. 本题强调其动作，正在河边玩，应此用see sb. doing sth句型。
两人对话，乙方对甲方的问话常可用简短回答作出 反应。例如： Do you like it? -- Yes，I do.这同样适用于陈述句的场合： You worry too much．-- No，I don't.在后一种情况下，乙方也能"So＋do＋主语"之类 的结构表示看法。
A：I like apples.
B：So do I．（＝ I like apples，too。）
这里的so在意义上相当于in the same way，即同样、 也那样，作简短反应表示同样看法时常用之。
1．"So＋do＋主语"结构 在简短反应中表示"我也如此"或"另外一个人也 如此"时，也就是主语不同于上文的主语以及上 文并无可用于构成倒装的动词（即操作词时）， 可用此结构。例如： A：I like playing football. B：So do I./So does my brother./So did my father. 如果上文有可用于构成倒装的动词时，则用相同 的动词或根据不同人称用同类的动词。 I must go -- So must I. John can speak French．--So can I. I've got a new car．--So has John. She is clever.-- So is he.
2．"Neither/Nor ＋ do ＋ 主语" 结构 如果上文表示否定意义而在简短反应中表示同样 看法时，可用此结构。例如，甲方说I can't swim， 乙方如果想表示"我也不会游泳"，英语可以说 Neither can I. / Nor can I（＝I can't either）。
又例如： A：He doesn't speak French. B：Neither/Nor do I. Neither/Nor does my brother. Neither/Nor does my father. 关于以上两种结构，有两点说明：
第一，能用动词缩略形式。例如： I'm going to London. ---So's John。(is) I've been to New York. ---So's John.(has) I'd have gone to Tokyo if I could．---So'd John.(would) John hasn't got a visa. ---Nor've do I．(have) Jim and Mary aren't acting in the college play. ---Neither's Peter.(is)
第二，上述甲乙对话如用and连成一句可出自一人 之口。例如： John can speak French and so can't I. John can't speak French and neither/ nor can I. John speaks French and so do I. John doesn't speak French and neither/nor do I. 上述斜体部分相当于and I can, too / and I can't either / and I do too / and I don't either 的意思。
3．"So＋主语＋do"结构 在简短反应中，对别人所说的情况加以肯定以及 主语与上文主语相同时，可用此结构，注意，这 里不用倒装同序；so 的意义相当于indeed, certainly，即"不错"、"对了"。例如： A：John smokes a lot. B: So he does．(=He smokes a lot indeed.) 这类简短反应往往带有说话人的惊奇口吻。例如： A：Look，it's raining! B: So it is. 在这里，So it is的含义是 You are right! It is raining；and this surprises me.
如果乙方想对甲方所否定的情况加以肯定时，可用此 结构(注：在这类结构中，neither少见)例如： Look! It isn't raining any more!
---Nor it is!
This cup hasn't got a handle!
---Nor it has!
四种结构的介绍就到此为止。下面从L.A. Hill所著 An Intermediate Refresher course 一书摘引一则 对话供初学者观察上述四种结构在上下文中的使用 情况。
Derothy: Look it's raining!
Donald: So it is! I'm not going out this afternoon now.
Dorothy：Nor am I. You and I haven't got anything to do this evening, you know.
Donald: Nor we have! We can go to the cinema then.
Derothy: So we can.
Donald: There's a good film on at the "Metropole".
Derothy: So there is! Shall we go?
Denald: Yes, let's.
Derothy: But it doesn't start until 6 o'clock.
Denald: Nor it does! I thought there was an early performance too.
Dorothy：So did I . Well, I don't want to sit about doing nothing until 6.
Donald: Nor do I …Oh, look, it isn't raining any more.
Dorothy: Nor it is! I'd like to go for a walk.
Donald: So would I…OH, who's that coming up the road?
Dorothy: It's the postman.
Donald: So it is! He's very early. The evening newspaper hasn't even arrived yet.
Dorothy: Nor it has! That's late today. I hope the postman has a letter for us.
Donald: So do I - but I don't want any more bills!
Dorothy: Nor do I!
Donald: Here he is…there's a parcel for us!
Dorothy: So there is! I wonder who sent it.
Donald: So do I. I wasn't expecting a parcel.
Dorothy: Nor was I. Oh, it's from Mother - they are woolen clothes for the baby!
Donald: So they are! She must have knitted them herself!
Dorothy: There's no letter in the parcel.
Donald: Nor there is! I find that strange.
Dorothy: So do I. She always writes to us on Sundays. Oh, well, perhaps we shall get a letter from her tomorrow.
名称 总称(谓语用复数） 一个人 两个人
中国人 the Chinese a Chinese two Chinese
瑞士人 the Swiss a Swiss two Swiss
澳大利亚人the Australians an Australian two Australians
俄国人 the Russians a Russian two Russians
意大利人 the Italians an Italian two Italians
希腊人 the Greek a Greek two Greeks
法国人 the French a Frenchman two Frenchmen
日本人 the Japanese a Japanese two Japanese
美国人 the Americans an American two Americans
印度人 the Indians an Indian two Indians
加拿大人 the Canadians a Canadian two Canadians
德国人 the Germans a Germans two Germans
英国人 the English an Englishman two Englishmen
瑞典人 the Swedish a Swede two Swedes